Pages

28 March 2012

covergirl

The new (summer 2012) Knitscene is up for digital download and pre-order and ...

I made the cover! Or more accurately my pattern sample, sported by a lovely model, made the cover. I'm kind of beside myself.

I finished the sample at the end of last October. A large portion of the the body was knitted on a 6 hour train ride from Munich to Paris. If my travels had proceeded as planned, this would have been a tri-country sweater. Despite intervening forces beyond my power, including but not limited to French rail strikes, the sample turned out just fine... even never having seen Vienna.

Couldn't resist trying it on and getting a few shots before I put it in the mail:





It has a little cowl neck in seed stitch that can be left to drape as in the first picture, or folded down as in the last. More details, as usual, over on Ravelry.

Hip hip, hooray!

1 comment: