Pages

10 June 2012

FO: scrappy baby hat

I whipped up something quick for my niece-to-be:



Made with some leftovers of various dk weight cotton-blend yarns, since she's going to be a summer baby. No pattern, just did the following:

CO 80 sts on smaller needles (US4/3.5mm), joined in rnd. K1, p1 rib for 1.25”/3cm. Changed to larger needles (US5/3.75mm) and St st. Worked in single row helical stripes till hat measured about 6/15cm" total (incl. ribbing). Turned inside-out and joined with 3-needle-BO. 


If anyone's interested in more details, I'd be happy to share. 

Since I didn't have any babies of the right size knocking about to model, the hat's shown on the best baby-head-sized object I had handy:





A partial cake of Eco-Wool, of course. A full cake would have been far too large.



No comments:

Post a Comment